Thursday 20 November 2014

Final Music Video (Location)

I have chosen to film my music video in the fields and forest in the surrounding areas of Barningham, my village, and it's neighbouring village, Market Weston. I want the location and setting of my music video to be very open, natural and extensive, so I thought these locations would work great. With the theme of my music video being representational and metaphorical, I wanted an open area that I could use to execute these representations without any distractions from the initial representations and portrayals that I want to make. In addition, the environment I have chosen adds to the minimalistic aspect that I'm trying to achieve in the video. With simple, and long-stretching fields with nothing else along with them, it emphasises what's primarily on camera. Also, I'm going for a simple, realistic, natural and 'legit' feel for the video and it's contents, with the decision I've made not to tamper with the footage in the editing process and only put the clips together. The surroundings, I believe, add to the artistic, natural and minimalistic perspective that I want to achieve in my music video. Furthermore, I wish to acquire some shots of the surroundings (initially when I was deciding on a music video), and the best surrounding for camera that I wanted to use was natural. This being the location of fields, tall grass and forests that I've chosen.

And it looks really nice.



This is a satellite image of the areas I'm deciding to film my music video in.


As you can see, it's pretty much all fields. A lot of choice...


Principle photography wil;l begin this weekend, where I will take full pictures of the location I want to use. This will also include camera shot and angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment