Thursday 27 November 2014

Division Of Labour

Division of labour? What's that?

As this is a solo project, I will be taking control and manipulating all of the elects that comprise my music video. I'm even having a cheeky acting role in my video alongside my chosen actor, Jake Loft. It's only a little one (I'm literally just sitting down on a chair. What more do you want?) but other areas such as camerawork, editing and the production of the video are all under my wing.


  • Who will film the music video?
    • I will film everything that goes into my music video. Even though (as I've said) I'm playing a small part in the video, the camerawork that I've decided on for this particular seen involves no hand-operated movement of the camera. The camera will be completely still, so I am not needed to operate the camera at that time, giving me the opportunity to be in the music video alongside my actor.
  • Who will edit the music video?
    • I will edit the music video. I've previously stated that my desired editing effects are absolutely minuscule, with the only editing I wish to be one on my music video is just the clips being put together in a systematic, chronological and narrative manner. Oh, and the slow motion. Yeah the slow motion is pretty important.
  • Who will gather props and take charge of mise en scene?
    • I'm gathering all the needed mise en scene attribute for my music video. *brainwave* "Just get purple things. Purple things". *brainwave*. I've got roughly 80% of the props and specific objects that I want to use, but another trip to Bury is in order I think. "Just get purple stuff".
  • Who chose the song?
    • Obviously I did.
  • Who decided on the location of the filming?
    • I chose the location for my music video. I live in Barningham and I'm surrounded by fields upon fields upon fields. And fields. I chose this because it fitted with the way I wanted to capture my music video. It's a bonus that it's extremely close. How are we going to get there? With my astronomically powerful German whip Hyundai i20 i.2 petrol. Yeah.
  • Who is going to direct the video?
    • I will be directing the music video and making sure that everything is on schedule to achieving the representation that I want.



No comments:

Post a Comment