Friday 30 January 2015

My Chosen Ancillary Task (#2)

My second ancillary task that I have chosen to do is a poster/magazine advert. Along with all my other products (music video and website), I've chosen to make this magazine advert very simplistic and minimalist. Who would've thought it, eh?

These are the guidelines I'll be following whilst creating the advertisement:

Get the customers attention
This is the purpose of the advertisement in the first place, and is vital to its production. Audience attention can be grabbed through catchy, bold titles, graphic/logo and the presentation of the band's image.

Colour
Colour makes an advertisement stand out, and looks professionally finished and expensive. This can grab the audience's attention as bold colours are eye-catching and draw a passing audience in.

Make the pitch simple, but precise
The advertisement shouldn't be crammed with loads of information,bad this will lose the audience's attention as they will only look at it for between 10-15 seconds. Include the band and album name, as well as the release date, a list of tracks isn't needed.

Make it easy for the customer to reach and order the product
Make the product accessible, including the release date of the album in bold, and an easy format to read. Add a website and email and where the product can be purchased from.

I'm deciding on making this advertisement against some of the guidelines above. To conform to the style of marketing and presentation that I'm going for over the range of my products, I'm going to make the advert simply structured, yet bold and eye-catching as I believe that the simplest things are the most effective. I'm choosing to use the colours from the album cover "This Is All Yours" as the colour scheme for the advert. This way, it promotes further the album, and it's very striking (whilst still being displayed on a simplistic background) to a passing audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment